Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cut off that Pony Tail! :) (for cancer patients)



WAVING GOODBYE TO MY HAIR



GETTING IT CUT OFF

PONY TAIL TO BE DONATED

I woke up the other day with a head full of hair... hair that will grow back quickly. I began thinking, "There are children who are going through treatments to save their lives which make them lose their hair; my hair will grow back. Cut it off for them, Capri!" I did just that.

I will be honest, it was not easy for me to do at first, but after thinking about it I realized that these children do not have a choice. I began to feel better as I realized that my hair can help make a wig for them which will make them happy. Happiness makes people either stress free or less stressed. Not having stress leads to a healthier, longer life; therefore, donating hair truly will help in many ways!

I began to raise awareness about this on my facebook, and am so excited to say that within a few short days people donated about a dozen pony tails!! There are other people growing their hair out to donate! I am so excited!

If you would like to donate, please let me know! (MissMS2009@aim.com)

Hair should not have been bleached, and should be about six to eight inches long or longer; HOWEVER, some places can use shorter hair. Have hair cut off as a pony tail and placed in a bag. (If hair has bleached parts, usually they can sort out the parts which were bleached) If you have any questions please let me know! :)

Be blessed!
Capri Abdo
Miss Mississippi 2009-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment