Saturday, March 27, 2010

Special Olympics Dance (Creativity for a Cure)







Oh my goodness! Hello, everyone!

Recently, I attended a Special Olympics Dance; this was not only one of the most amazing experiences of my life, but it was also a blast!

Children with special needs as well as adults attended this event which was located at Graffit's in Ocean Springs, Mississippi.

The night was filled with laughter, dancing, pizza, and GRAFFITI! As you may already know, my platform, Creativity for a Cure, seeks to help children with illnesses through creative, artistic ways!

What a better, creative way to do this than by dancing and also drawing!? The kids had a blast! Graffiti's is called Graffiti's because as you enter the building you are allowed to grab a pen, and draw on the walls!

I asked the children what they would like to have drawn on the wall, it was a blast drawing so many pictures on the walls of this place!

We also had a wonderful time dancing on the dance floor! I will never forget this night! I highly encourage everyone to volunteer at a Special Olympics dance; you will not regret it!! :)

Abundant Blessings,
Capri Abdo
Miss Mississippi 2009-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment